The “Global.Edu” program is a course on global education for upper secondary level schools. We’re excited to announce that we’re holding this program in secondary and high schools in Douala, Cameroon starting November 1 and running through the end of the month.
This program brings energetic individuals from all over the world to Cameroonian high school classrooms to be teachers, trainers and instructors for an entire course. The course itself focuses on global education, including human rights, equality, peace and media education; education for intercultural understanding; issues relating to development and fair practice; and education for sustainable development. The Global.Edu program aims at expanding global and cross-cultural learning in the education sector in Cameroon.
The program, organized in the form of workshops, will be divided into several lessons that deal with themes of education on globalization and culture, the Millennium Development Goals (MGDs) and key socio-political issues plaguing countries around the globe.
As a trainer you will teach in English, discuss and develop solutions together with the students to address the problems of their continents. In addition, the students will develop innovative and creative ideas for projects and events in Cameroon to raise awareness of the people.
Objectives of Global.Edu program:
- Raising awareness for global relations and developmental problems
- Human rights and citizenship education
- Respect towards values and changing negative stereotypes
- Promoting own social skills and commitment
- Promote tolerance and cultural understanding and diversity
- Sustainable development education
- Intercultural communication skills
Who You’ll Be Teaching:
Pupils and students between 14 and 20 years of secondary and high schools in Douala (Cameroon)
What You’ll Be Doing:
You will attend an orientation workshop upon arrival Douala to support you with the contents, needed materials, and procedure of the course. At this time a working schedule will be presented to all trainers.
You will work with schools according the schedule you receive on workdays. On days that you are not visiting the schools, you will you will prepare courses and take part in other Community Development Network activities.
- Male or female from any country
- Excellent English language skills
- Very good knowledge about the themes of globalization, MDG's as well as key political issues
- Pleasant, flexible and friendly attitude
- Open-minded, disciplined with training /teaching skills
- Flexible with working hours
Organizers will provide you with full room and board during the internship but ask you to contribute a modest amount of €500 (which you can of course fundraise) to assist with these expenses during your entire 1-month stay.
Trainers will cover their own flights/transportation to and from Cameroon (Douala).
How to Apply
Send your application (CV + Motivation letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15th 2016.